The Gizmo Dorks Polycarbonate filament, also known as PC filament, is a strong thermoplastic material used in 3D printing. Polycarbonate has many uses in everyday applications. It is a good electrical insulator while having heat-resistant properties. Polycarbonate is used in data storage for compact discs, DVD’s and Blu-Ray’s. It is used in many medical applications as well as for parts in today’s advanced phones. It is commonly used in eye protection, and it is used after lamination to make bullet-proof glass.
Polycarbonate filament is such a great 3D material because of it’s strength. It is a really strong material while still maintaining temperature resistance. Polycarbonate does not shatter like plexiglass. It tends to bend and deform similar to hard rubber until it eventually breaks. It also has high optical clarity. PC absorbs a lot of moisture in the air. It is a hygroscopic material, and it is best to store in an airtight container when not in use. Even during use the material can become unprintable within a 24 hour print if in a humid environment. Therefore, keeping in an airtight container during printing as well is ideal. Dry filament will print more clear. Filament that has absorbed moisture will print white as well as pop and bubble during the print.
Extruding temperature is generally around 260°C, depending on the printer. PC slowly softens when heated, unlike PLA which has a high transition temperature. Slower print speeds are preferred as an increase in temperature is required for faster prints. Polyimide tape (Kapton) should be used on a heated bed, ~120°C. Some users prefer applying glue or superglue on a glass bed and then heating to ~120°C-130°C. Please do not inhale any fumes. Heated up superglue can release toxic fumes, so only use in a well ventilated area.
- Printing temperature : 255°C – 300°C depending on part and printer type
- Print speeds : 30mm/s is ideal, can go up to 60 or 80mm/s
- Store airtight in use and when not in use, absorbs moisture
- Print on a heated bed
- Only use in well ventilated areas or in a ventilated system
Visit The Website For More Information…
Voltivo ExcelFil is a high grade, high density 3D printing filament available in both PLA and ABS perfectly suited for and tested with a wide range of 3D printers. It allows for easy extrusion due to its tight laser-controlled tolerances, smooth flow characteristics over a large temperature range, rapid cooling and a high tensile strenght.
ExcelFil comes in a large range of colors and in two diameters to fit most printers available. We ship ExcelFil on sturdy recycleable spools, vacuum sealed with a desiccant bag to ensure it arrives moisture free. Unlike other vendors, we provide full support information on our filaments on our ExcelFil Support Site.
We in average spend 2 weeks to test and characterize each new material, diameter and color combination in many different semi-automated tests. Above and beyond the manufacturing quality control, we re-run these tests on a quarterly basis to ensure we always ship a product that provides reliable and repeatable print results while using ExcelFil
Filament Print Support Database
Creating successful prints greatly depends on the correct print settings. 3D printing still unfortunately is not as straight forward as desktop printing. The combination of material, the color, the 3D model, the slicing software and the printer hardware used all greatly influence successful print results. Based on the characterisation tests outlined above, we make available a great amount of information for specific use cases providing the user with a great starting point. Each spool is labeled with a QRCode which provides direct access to the specific ExcelFil support database entry and we provide a smartphone ready website for quick lookup as well.
- Diameter and Roundness accuracy better than 0.05 mm
- Fully opaque color with a shiny finish, no shortcuts taken on adding non-toxic color pigments
- Only certified raw materials from USA and German suppliers, no scrap or recycle material
- Formulated for low printing temperature for less blobbing and stringing
- Strong layer bonds and very rigid when cooled
Check Out Our Website For Details…
3D Printer Extruder Nozzle Head Cleaner KIT.30mm(3bits), .40mm(3bits), .50mm(4bits) + Multi-functional BIT HOLDING TOOL + 3 nozzles:
THE BITS: These Micro-drill bit Extruder Nozzle Cleaners are an essential item for any 3D printer owner. Every extruder nozzle must be cleaned out from time to time. These nozzles are very difficult to clean properly. These micro dtill bits are of the highest quality, made in Japan. They are the perfect tool for the job. By using these precision drill bits, you will extend the life of your nozzle and without a doubt, produce finer prints. If you need another size or have any questions, contact us and we will take care of you.
THE TOOL: This multi-functional tool is perfect for hand cleaning the nozzle head to your 3D printer. You can use a drill to do the job, but the hand held tool is more safe. The high speeds of electric drills can cause damage to the nozzle head if the user does not have very steady hands. This tool is very easy to hold and compact at 4″ long. It comes with two double sided chucks that store inside the tool. The tool can be used for other projects or to work on your 3D printer.
THE NOZZLES: 1 each: .30mm, .40mm, .50mm Print Head For 1.75MM filament for MK7 MK8 makerbot RepRap print nozzle for ABS/PLA printers.
- The Bits: .30mm(3bits) .40mm(4bits) .50mm(3bits) (10 total bits)
- Bits are Japanese made and come in a protective plastic case
- Nozzle Sizes: (1 each) 0.3mm, 0.4mm, 0.5mm for MK7 MK8 Makerbot RepRap models
- Compatible with 1.75mm filament ABS and PLA printers
- The TOOL: 4″ comfortably held nozzle cleaning tool
Detailed Information available on our Homepage…
Prototype Supply C1 series 3D printing filament – for demanding FDM applications
3D Printer operators looking for high-quality printed objects with better dimensional control, excellent layer adhesion, and a wide selection of colors are using Prototype Supply C1 3D printing filament.
Prototype Supply C1 filament is made especially for the needs of professional-quality 3D printing:
- Manufactured specifically for use with 3D printers, not industrial plastic welding
- High dimensional stability for improved accuracy.
- Excellent melt and adhesion properties.
- Wide spool diameter for straighter filament.
- Greater selection of colors to choose from.
PLA 1.75mm ●
- Makerbot Replicator 2X, Replicator 2, Replicator, and Thing-o-Matic w/ Mk7 Stepstruder
- Afinia H-Series
- Up! Mini, Plus, and Plus2
- Deezmaker Bukito
- MakerGear M2
- PrintrBot Simple, Plus, LC, original
- QU-BD Revolution, RPM, OneUp, TwoUp
- Other printers with 1.75mm compatible extruders and hot-ends
- 3D Printing Filament, Plastic, PLA, 1.75 mm diameter, 1.0 kg (Net Weight). Green (Clear)
- High quality filament manufactured specifically for professional quality 3D printing.
- Wide-core spool reduces extrusion difficulty caused by tightly coiled filament. 53-mm (2.1 inch) diameter mounting hole.
- For Makerbot Replicator (Original and Duo-head), Replicator 2 and Replicator 2X; Afinia H-series; PP3DP Up!-series; Solidoodle 2 and 3; PrintrBot; Deezmaker Bukito; QU-BDÊRevolution, RPM, OneUp, and TwoUp; and other printers that accept 1.75 mm filament.
- Recommended specifically for printers without a heated print bed. Works great with Makerbot Replicator, and Replicator 2.
Check Out Our Website For Details…