Scalextric was the height of toy racing tech when I was a kid but 3DRacers knocks that right off the track.
The 3D-printed mini cars are the product of an Italian team, which first presented them at the Rome Maker Faire last year. They’ve now kicked off an Indiegogo campaign.
The small radio-controlled cars can be driven with your phone or with a custom-built 3D-printed remote controller. All the software and hardware is open source and Arduino compatible so you can hack them to your heart’s content.
Marco D’Alia, one of the co-founders of 3DRacers, told TNW that the inspiration for the project was a desire to make a physical toy that could compete with virtual distractions: “We enjoy playing video games but also love the old-fashioned toys. We were disappointed that toys today aren’t as fun as video games.”
The 3DRacers vehicles are being built using distributed manufacturing. The mini cars will be produced in partnership with 3D Hubs‘ network of 10,000 3D printing shops across the world.
The team has built an online editor where cars can be customised with a choice of accessories, bodies and colors. They’re hoping a community of designers will build up around the game creating new vehicles.
The game element of 3DRacers has a Mario Kart vibe with automatic lap times, an online scoreboard and battle mode with turbo lanes and power-ups. The course can be 3D-printed, built using papercraft or bought as an official track mat.
3DRacers has an Indiegogo target of $25,000 with packages starting at $49 if you can 3D-print a car yourself or $75 if you want to receive it ready printed from 3D Hubs. There’s also a $40 special package for schools with a 10-lesson guide to learning programming with 3DRacers.
If 3DRacers hits its target, it hopes to start shipping the printed cars and tracks by September 15. We’re looking forward to getting our hands on them.
Read next: Fuel3D’s 3D Selfie Scanner is Next-Level Narcissism
The LulzBot Mini is a high performance desktop 3D printer. Named among the Best of CES by NetworkWorld, the LulzBot Mini respects your freedom and makes 3D printing easy. Critics are raving too, Computer World exclaimed, “Any serious maker should consider this machine because of its flexibility, accuracy and speed.”
- All LulzBot products use Free Software and are Open Source Hardware. This means your LulzBot Mini uses proven technology developed collaboratively. It also means you are free to adopt the latest and greatest technology being developed across the 3D printing industry, from new software packages to experimental materials.
- The LulzBot Mini brings high performance hardware to your desktop, and makes 3D printing easier and more reliable than ever. Enjoy tons of new ease-of-use features including auto-bed leveling, auto-nozzle cleaning, an easy carry handle, new software, and a low maintenance print surface.
- Capable Materials: ABS, PLA, HIPS, PVA, wood filled filaments, Polyester (Tritan), PETT, bronze and copper filled filaments, Polycarbonate, Nylon, PETG, conductive PLA and ABS, UV luminescent filaments, PCTPE, PC-ABS, and more every day
- Multi-Software Compatible: Freedom to use any number of 3D printing software programs, Cura LulzBot Edition comes standard. Other compatible software includes OctoPrint, BotQueue, Slic3r, Printrun, MatterControl, and many more.
- Print Area: 152mm x 152mm x 158mm (6in x 6in x 6.2in)
Click Here For More Information
It works perfect with brass nozzle and barrels.
It specialized for Makerbot structure of 3D printers.
Aluminium with anodized surface.
Accept Nozzle with M6 threads.
Inner hole for heater tube: 6mm
Inner hole for thermocouple/thermistor: 3mm
Inner hole for set screw: M3
Package: Quantity: 5 pcs Heater Aluminium Block
Click Here For More Information
Compatible 3D Printers:
• All FDM 3D Printers
• PIXMA MG5420
• Replicator 2
• Ultimaker 1
• Replicator 2x
• Prusa i3
• Mendel Prusa
• Ultimaker 2
• Leapfrog Creatr
• UP! Plus
• Form 1
• Cube X
• Up! Mini
• Felix 2.0
3rDment filaments (PLA)
• Non harmful, non-toxic, and environment friendly
• Good material toughness, good strength and suitable for complex models
• Low Material shrinkage rate, uniform diameter and no warp
• Printing temperature : 190~220 °C, lower than other materials
• First layer temperature : 195 °C
• Print base material: MDF/PLA
• Raft required : Optional
• Filament diameter : 1.75 mm
• Spool Net Weight : 0.5 kg = 1.1 lb
- Compatible with the following 3d printers: All FDM 3D Printers – Replicator 2, Ultimaker 1, RepRap, Replicator 2x, Prusa i3, Mendel Prusa, Ultimaker 2, Replicator, Print/bot, Leapfrog Creatr, Zcorp, Solidoodle, UP! Plus, Form 1, Cube X, Up! Mini, Creator, Mende!Max, uPrint, PowerWasp, Dimension, Lulzbot, Felix 2.0, others
- High quality – Our latest technology minimize the following : cracks, bubble, blocking of extruder, inaccurate diameter and warp
- Environmentally friendly – made with biodegradable material
- Most economic option – the best quality you can get with the affordable price
- 3rDment – 2 Years Warranty + 100% Money Back Guarantee
Detailed Information available on our Homepage…