Get outstanding 3D printing results when you use 3.0mm ABS 3D Printer Filament from Monoprice! ABS is one of the most commonly used filament types in 3D printing. It has a high tensile strength and good overall toughness. It has a low density and is softer than PLA, which means lower weight and lower cost when printing large models. Hardness is such that no white dot appears when bending. This 1 Kg spool features a thickness of 3.0mm ±0.10mm, with a roundness variation of only 0.05mm. It has a nominal processing temperature of 200° C (392°F). Thickness and roundness factors are laser measured at the factory to ensure accuracy over the entire length of the filament. The negatives of using ABS is that it can give off a white smoke with a concentrated odor. It is best to ensure that the printing room is well ventilated when using ABS. Additionally, it has a high moisture absorption rate. Depending on the overall humidity level of the printing environment, an opened spool can absorb enough moisture after a couple of days that high temperature printing could cause bubbles or pocks in the extrusion. It is therefore recommended to not open a spool until you are ready to print and to store any unused portion with silica gel and/or an active dehumidifier to reduce the amount of moisture it can absorb. Reel Dimensions: Reel Diameter: 195mm (7.68) Hub Diameter: 95mm (3.74) Spindle Diameter: 38mm (1.50) Reel Width: 80mm (3.15)
- It has a high tensile strength and good overall toughness
- It has a low density and is softer than PLA, which means lower weight and lower cost when printing large models
- Hardness is such that no white dot appears when bending
Detailed Information available on our Homepage…
3D Printer Spools for many brands of 3D printers (Makerbot, Reprap, Makergear, Printrbot, UP! Printer, etc.). All items ship from locations in the US and are wrapped in air tight plastic, boxed and then reboxed for protection.
- Works with common 3D printers such as (Reprap, MakerBot, Afinia, Solidoodle 2, Printrbot LC, MakerGear M2, and UP!)
- This filament is always round, with no oily residue, no air bubbles and comes loaded on a quality spool
- All items ship from locations in the US and are wrapped in air tight plastic, boxed and then reboxed for protection.
- Expert help on call
Check Out Our Website For Details…
Dremel PLA filament has been specifically engineered for optimal printing with your Idea Builder. PLA is a thermal plastic that softens and melts when it’s heated, building your designs strand by strand and layer by layer. Our PLA has been designed to melt at a temperature compatible with the Idea Builder, producing a stable, strong object with a high quality finish.
- Dremel PLA filament is plant-based and recyclable
- Manufactured and tested to provide smooth and consistent building
- Dremel offers a wide array of vibrant and dynamic colors to expand your creativity
- White Translucent Color: 1.75mm PLA Filament
- For use with the Dremel 3D20-01Idea Builder 3D Printer (sold separately)
Click Here For More Information
Welcome to Hatchbox 3D Printer Filament
Our engineered filament is here to help you stream your creative outlet, enabling you to see your thoughts and concepts engineered into a real and rewarding reality.
The filaments are universally designed and compatible with 3D Printers using 1.75mm diameter filament, with a dimensional accuracy of +/- 0.05mm.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Filament not extruding properly?
A: Check the type of filament you’re working with and set the proper extruder temperature based on the filament type and heated build platform if applicable; trial and error. Rule of thumb is to set the extruder temperature to the highest temperature for the specific filament, then decrease the temperature by 5°C until properly extruded. Please note this will vary with each 3D printer.
2) How do I store my filament?
A: Most filaments tend to absorb moisture from the air; because of this your filament can become brittle and slowly degrade the quality. It’s recommended to keep unused filament and store it in a storage container or zip lock bag with a desiccant.
3) Won’t the print stick to the build platform?
A: First, review FAQ #1. Second, for PLA it’s recommended to use blue painters tape and ABS it’s recommended to use kapton tape. If printing with ABS and the print will still not stick to the build platform you can use “*ABS Sludge” a little goes a long way. You can use this on the build platform on top of kapton tape.
*When creating the ABS sludge (mixture of acetone and ABS scraps), create the mixture in well ventilated area preferably outside. Using this sludge will make the print stick to the build platform really well and may be difficult to remove the print, use at your own discretion and a plastic scraper will come in handy.
- 1 KG (approximately 2.20 lbs) Spool
- 1.75mm Filament Diameter (Dimensional Accuracy +/- 0.05mm)
- ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) 3D Printer Filament Vacuumed Sealed With Desiccant
- Recommended Extrusion/Nozzle Temperature 210°C – 240°C (410°F – 464°F), Use With Heated Build Platform Is Recommended
- Spool Diameter: 8″ – Spool Width: 2.50″ – Spool Hub Hole Diameter: 1.50″
Check Out Our Website For Details…