Scalextric was the height of toy racing tech when I was a kid but 3DRacers knocks that right off the track.
The 3D-printed mini cars are the product of an Italian team, which first presented them at the Rome Maker Faire last year. They’ve now kicked off an Indiegogo campaign.
The small radio-controlled cars can be driven with your phone or with a custom-built 3D-printed remote controller. All the software and hardware is open source and Arduino compatible so you can hack them to your heart’s content.
Marco D’Alia, one of the co-founders of 3DRacers, told TNW that the inspiration for the project was a desire to make a physical toy that could compete with virtual distractions: “We enjoy playing video games but also love the old-fashioned toys. We were disappointed that toys today aren’t as fun as video games.”
The 3DRacers vehicles are being built using distributed manufacturing. The mini cars will be produced in partnership with 3D Hubs‘ network of 10,000 3D printing shops across the world.
The team has built an online editor where cars can be customised with a choice of accessories, bodies and colors. They’re hoping a community of designers will build up around the game creating new vehicles.
The game element of 3DRacers has a Mario Kart vibe with automatic lap times, an online scoreboard and battle mode with turbo lanes and power-ups. The course can be 3D-printed, built using papercraft or bought as an official track mat.
3DRacers has an Indiegogo target of $25,000 with packages starting at $49 if you can 3D-print a car yourself or $75 if you want to receive it ready printed from 3D Hubs. There’s also a $40 special package for schools with a 10-lesson guide to learning programming with 3DRacers.
If 3DRacers hits its target, it hopes to start shipping the printed cars and tracks by September 15. We’re looking forward to getting our hands on them.
Read next: Fuel3D’s 3D Selfie Scanner is Next-Level Narcissism
[unable to retrieve full-text content]
DRIVERLESS cars, WiFi power and on-demand 3D printing could all be commonplace in society by 2034, according to a group of experts who …
High Quality Material:
This super sturdy case is not only designed to offer fashion and vintage look, but also offer durable and satisfied quality case to our customers. With this idea we chose expensive high quality material for production to make sure customer will get full value of the case they purchase for.
This lightweight slim protective case is designed to perfectly align with openings for speakers, mics, camera, and more. With our idea of offering convenience to our customers’ life, this slender form, thin, lightweight and slim device can easily slipping in and out of your pocket or purse.
Our team has worked for years to catch the trend of fashion. All our fundamentals are built upon hard work, creativity and perseverance. We love listening to customers’ feedback and focus on developing our products to higher level. Phone case, like shoes and jewelers, should go with daily dress. With hundreds of thousands of case designs of different colors and themes, you can easily find your favorite with OUO. OUO are dedicated to providing your lovely phone with a brand-new and colorful outfit, which will perfectly match your lifestyle.
All we want is to offer satisfying product and happy shopping experience to our lovely customers. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you are not satisfied with the product or feel unhappy in our store for any reason, and we will do our best to solve your problem ASAP. Customers can return without condition once you feel unsatisfied with our products or shop unhappily in our store.
At OUO we take full ownership and responsibility for the quality of our products.
Please be noted that all our product or package includes our logo or brand label sticker.
- Unique artistic design of dynamic Leaf Shape camera hole that you can not find in any other place
- With distinct Leaf Shape Hole and vivid image printing technology, this case will dress up your phone and make you stand out from the crowd
- Durable high quality material protects your precious mobile phone from scratching, fingerprints and dusts
- Precise opening on this light-weight slim protective case allows access to all controls and features on your phone
- Fashion together with function is a perfect choice for gift
Click Here If You Need More Detailed Info…
Become a World Champion! Compete head to head against friends, or the computer in your quest to become World Champion with this fully interactive equestrian simulation. Keep your horse fed, watered and well groomed and the stables clean in order to earn maximum points in each competition. Experience the thrill and excitement of an equestrian competition by competing in dressage, in cross-country, show jumping or in a complete three day even on 10 different courses.
- 10 different courses for dressage, cross-country and show jumping. / Realistic 3D horse and rider animations including walk, trot, canter, gallop, jumps, falls and refusals.Realistic sound effects and atmospherics.Interactive stable area, with a tack room, stall and paddock.
- Interactive tasks including feeding, watering and grooming your horse, and mucking out your horses stall.Training arena for players to practice their horses jumping and turning skills.True to life equestrian scoring of all events as the player competes in a 10 round championship season.
- Windows Requirements: Windows 98, Me, 2000, XP. Pentium 200 or equivalent processor. Note: Not compatible with Pentium 4 or Intel Celeron D processor or faster). 32 MB of RAM (64 MB recommended). 240 MB Hard Drive space. Any 4 MB DirectX 8 compatible Graphics Card. Any 100% DirectX compatible Sound Card. 4X CD-ROM drive. Printer required to print user manual. Multiplayer: Yes (sharing the computer).
- Due to the type of product packaging, once this product has been opened it is non-returnable. If the product is defective, it will be exchanged for the same product. No cash refunds.
Detailed Information available on our Homepage…